I put my bare feet down on the cold grass in my yard. I am a Taurus after all. If you know, anything about us Bulls, we like to be grounded. I am also a Kapha if you know anything about Ayurveda. Dense, solid, grounded, heavy… Basically, no one is ever picking me up and throwing me over their shoulder.
It’s too cold in early April for bare feet but I needed to feel the ground. I needed to use every tool I could to help the world from stopping to spin.
Practice what you preach Miss Britt! Use your tools and strategies.
So as I sat in the wake of my hard cry today, I felt exhausted and defeated. I don’t cry often, but it isn’t pretty when it overflows. I tend of cry out of frustration, not sadness.
Just The Chainsmokers and I jamming out down Rt. 6. Tears stinging my face. My mind running at a speed that would scare most.
I tell you a story, before it tells itself..
Feeling vulnerable and lame. I begin to criticize myself for being a human. I call my sister for the 3rd time. Voicemail. Ugh, rude.
Call my Dad so he can say Dad things to me. He’s forever the coach. Listening. Reassuring. Redirecting. Motivating.
Voicemail, ugh so rude.
Just me, myself, and I wondering what’s the next right thing to do..
I thought to myself, you know who you need. Yoga teacher Britt during savasana. That bitch would know what to do.
So here’s my self pep talk list.
Shit I say in Savasana:
- Comparison is the thief of joy -Teddy Roosevelt
- It’s okay if you do nothing but breathe for this moment. Let your body relax and let the floor hold you up. Scan your body for tension and release what you are holding up still.
- We can do hard things.
- Talia, please stop picking your wedgie
- Confucius said, “those who say they can and those who say they can’t are both usually right.”
- Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.
- Check your “I am” statements. You become what you believe.
- Crying is not only acceptable here, it’s encouraged. If you have emotions coming to the surface, let them come out. Cause you see when you let them out, then you get to let them go.
- You aren’t for everybody. That’s okay. Be the best version of yourself that you can be. Then the right people always show up.
- “You are the sky, everything else is just the weather” -Pema Chodron.
- Feelings are just visitors, let them come and let them go.
- Look for the lessons. There is lessons in healing, it could be patience. There is lessons in failure, it could be humility or resilience. There is lessons in feeling not worthy, it could be an opportunity for what’s about to come next. Pain can break you or pain can fuel you and it’s a choice.
- When you go home, make sure you are drinking lots of water, eat good food, get some sleep, and come see me again soon. I love all of you. My name is Britt. Namaste.
I feel better already. I knew that lady would know what to say. She always does.
Thanks Britt. You the best.